What personal information do we collect from you and why?
We collect information you provide directly through the service, including when you register an account, update your profile, access our content, make a purchase in-store, participate in a sweepstakes, contest, survey, or other promotion (“promotion”), contact customer support, or apply for a job.
The information you give us may include your name, date of birth, address, email address, phone number and financial information (including your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument for payment process purpose.
We collect passwords and other information for authentication and account access. We also collect demographic information including your age, gender, and country.
We collect the content of messages you send to us, such as feedback and product reviews you write, or questions and information you provide to customer support. We may also collect content such as photos, videos or other content that you submit to us.
Technical information from, such as the internet protocol (ip) address used to connect your device to the internet, whereabouts you connected to our service, your internet service provider (isp), and what type of device you are using to access our service;
Information about your visits to our site, including whether you have visited our site before (including date and time); how you reached our site, pages you viewed or searched for, length of time spent viewing pages, frequency of voucher and discount usage and any phone number used to contact us.
You may choose to voluntarily submit other information to us through the service that we do not request, and, in such instances, you are solely responsible for such information.
Information we collect as part of our marketing campaigns (not limited to competitions, prize draws, giveaways and offers or events). Your information will be used to administer competitions and manage events, to check your eligibility for each of our benefits, and to track your usage so that we can monitor customer engagement to improve our service.
We will only use this information to contact you about your order, answer any enquires and to facilitate the delivery of purchases you make through our retail partners.
Why do we use your data?
We may use and share non-personal data we receive or collect from you without restrictions.
Smiling rocks may use the above personal data held about you for the following purposes:
To carry out obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and us and to provide you with information, products and services that you request from us, i.e. To process and complete your orders, to process your payments and make deliveries.
To remind you through emails of products you have placed in your cart on the website, but have not purchased. To provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about. We will only contact you by email with such information if you have consented to this.
To tailor our website content to your needs and preferences;
To make recommendations to you about other products or services that may be of interest to you
To prevent, detect, and investigate fraud, security breaches, violations of law, and other misuse of the website, and to enforce our terms and conditions
To address any enquiries, correspondence, concerns or complaints you have raised;
For our internal operations, including data analysis, testing, research, statistical purposes and troubleshooting;
To deliver relevant advertising to you, for example, e-newsletter
Who might we share your information with?
We share your information with third party agents, contractors, vendors, and other service providers in connection with their work on our behalf (collectively “service providers”). For example, for shipping your purchased order, we must share your information with a shipping company.
Other third parties but not limit to that we may share your information with include: webhosting companies, fulfillment companies (e.g., companies that fulfill product orders), jewelers, assemblers, data analysis firms, affiliates, third party consulting or marketing firms, and e-mail service providers. Additionally, if you have purchased a product from us with using given financial payment providers, we will use a third party payment processor to process your information in association with the transaction. We may also may share information with other companies and organizations for credit fraud protection and risk reduction. These third parties only receive your information if such information is needed to perform their function(s), and they are not authorized to use such information for any other purpose(s) other than the purpose(s) set forth by smiling rocks. We only provide third-parties with the minimum amount of information necessary to complete the requested service, product or transaction. Notwithstanding the above, we may permit our service providers to use aggregate information which does not identify you or de-identified data for other purposes.
We may share your information with our related entities including our parent and sister companies. For example, we may share your information with our affiliates for customer support, marketing, and technical operations.
Your information may be shared with our business partners in connection with offering you co-branded services, selling or distributing our products, or engaging in joint marketing activities. For example, we may share information about you with a business partner for purposes of providing you with co-branded products or services that we may offer.
If you choose to participate in a special event (for example, a promotion), smiling rocks may share your information with those organizations participating in the applicable event. By entering a promotion, you agree to the official rules that govern that promotion, and may, except where prohibited by applicable law, allow the sponsor and/or other parties to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing materials.
Feedback, testimonials and user provided content
If you provide feedback or testimonials on the service or on smiling rocks products or services, or provide other user provided content (such as photos or videos), we may post and share this feedback, testimonial or other user provided content, including your information, on the service, with third party partners, or in marketing and promotional materials. We may, by our sole discretion, edit feedback, testimonials or user provided content for length and content. California residents and data subjects in europe have additional rights as set forth in “your rights and choices” below.
We may share your information with third parties for purposes of facilitating your requests (such as when you choose to share information with a social network about your activities on the service) and in connection with tailoring advertisements, measuring and improving our service and advertising effectiveness, and enabling other enhancements.
Your information may be disclosed as part of, or in connection with, any merger, sale of company assets, or acquisition, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership, in which information would be transferred as one of the business assets of smiling rocks.
Security, compliance with the law, and fraud protection
We may disclose your information as we deem necessary, in our sole discretion, to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request. We also may share your information in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, including suspected fraud, or as otherwise required by law. We may also share your information to protect the rights, property, life, health, security and safety of us, the service or any third party.
How is your data shared, stored and kept secure?
Smiling rocks takes your safety and security very seriously and we are dedicated to protecting your information (personal and financial). All data recorded and kept with us are on our secure servers. We have enable a password for you (where you have chosen your password) to access certain parts of our services. You are responsible to keep the password secure and confidential. We recommend you not to share your password with anyone.
We protect your privacy in several ways: the personal data is entered into the our computer system in full compliance with data protection law, including security and confidentiality profiles and based on principles of correct practice, lawfulness and transparency in processing. Access to customer account information is limited to those who need access for the performance of their job. We use full login and password controls on our system. Confidentiality and database access controls are reviewed periodically and updated as required to further protect our personal data.
We use third party platforms to manage and deliver customer relationship management (crm); newsletter mailing campaigns; online advertising, customer analytics, fulfilment of orders, delivery, returns, refunds, it services and similar services necessary to provide a service to you. In providing the services, your personal information will, where applicable, be used by the service provider on our behalf.
What are your rights?
Where processing of your personal data is based on consent, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
You have the following rights. You can exercise these rights at any time by contacting us. You have the right:
To request from us access to personal information held about you. We will need you to prove your identity before we release any personal data to you.
To ask for the information we hold about you to be rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
You have the right to restrict your use of personal information if the data is inaccurate, our use of the information is unlawful or if we no longer need to use the data for the purposes for which we hold it.
You can change your data processing preferences at any time. For example, if you have given your consent to direct marketing, but have changed your mind, you can opt out of receiving marketing communications by contacting us using the details provided below or clicking the “unsubscribe” link in any communication you receive.
Your California privacy rights
- If you are a customer in California, in addition to the rights set forth above, you have the right to request information from Smiling Rocks regarding the manner in which Smiling Rocks shares certain categories of personal information as defined by California’s “shine the light” with third parties and/or affiliates for their own direct marketing purposes. To receive this information, send us a request at the address set forth in the section entitled “contact us” below. Requests must include “California privacy rights request” in the first line of the description and include your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. Please note that Smiling Rocks may provide this information in a standardized format that is not specific to you and is not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the provided e-mail address or mail address.
- Any California residents under the age of eighteen (18) who have registered to use the service and posted content or information on the service, can request that such information be removed from the service by sending an e-mail to the e-mail address set forth in the section entitled “contact us” below. Requests must state that the user personally posted such content or information and detail where the content or information is posted. We will make reasonable good faith efforts to remove the post from prospective public view.
Your European privacy rights
- If you are a data subject in Europe, you have the right to access, rectify, or erase any personal data we have collected about you through the service. You also have the right to data portability and the right to restrict or object to our processing of personal data we have collected about you through the service. In addition, you have the right to ask us not to process your personal data (or provide it to third parties to process) for marketing purposes or purposes materially different than for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by you. You may withdraw your consent at any time for any data processing we do based on consent you have provided to us.
- To exercise any of these rights, contact us as set forth in the section entitled “contact us” below and specify which right you intend to exercise. We will respond to your request within 30 days. We may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity. Please note that we store information as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, and may continue to retain and use the information even after a data subject request for purposes of our legitimate interests, including as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent fraud, and enforce our agreements.
- If you have any issues with our compliance, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a European supervisory authority.
Should you have any issues, concerns or problems in relation to your data, or wish to notify us of data which is inaccurate, please let us know by contacting us using the contact details above.
What are cookies and why do we use them?
- Operational: cookies are essential in order for you to use our service, such as our shopping bag, as well as to access password protected areas, such as your personal account.
- Analytics and performance: cookies collect information about how you use our service and remember the choices you make (such as your language or location) to provide an enhanced performance and a more personalized experience.
- Customization: cookies allow us to gather information on how our service is being used so that we can provide content that is relevant to you.
- Social networking: cookies allow users to share our pages and content to third-party social networking sites.
Smiling Rocks does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13). In the event that Smiling Rocks ever does so, we will strictly comply with the children's online privacy protection act by FTC. If you are a parent or guardian and believe Smiling Rocks has collected such information in a manner not permitted, please contact us as set forth in the section entitled “contact us” below, and we will remove such data.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us!